The DASP (newly named DDSP) was created in 2007 to consolidate the experience gained by the Ministry in charge of the economy.
The missions of the DASP are :
- ensure coordination and harmonization at the level of the Ministry in charge of the economy , of actions and projects of support to the private sector, particularly in terms of capacity building;
- to develop, in partnership with their representative organizations, an adequate framework to support and support private companies, particularly those in difficulty. As such, it ensures the establishment of a tax, land and customs system that does not create distortions in the business environment;
- to represent the Ministry in charge of the economy in consultations with the private sector, which it follows up on the conclusions implicating the services of the Department ;
- analyze quarterly the performance of the private sector ;
- to exploit the periodic results of business demographics ;
- to support the development of public-private partnerships and to monitor all projects involving this type of partnership .
Specifically in support of the private sector, the DASP is charged :
- provide the coordinating role in the design, formulation, implementation and monitoring of sectoral policies for private sector development ;
- facilitate decision-making by public authorities through economic studies and forecasts ;
- organize state-private sector consultations and monitor the implementation of the recommendations resulting from the public-private dialogue ;
- monitor companies in difficulty through the processing of requests relating to sectoral issues ;
- support and support project leaders by providing them with technical, legal, economic and financial information to promote investment ;
- provide business leaders with guides and manuals on access to finance, public procurement and the promotion of women's entrepreneurship ;
- contribute to the creation of ecosystems favorable to the promotion of the National Private Sector .